Do you want to use CardDAV for Syncing your Google Contacts with your iOS? In this post, you will get more familiar with the process and help you get the best of your CardDAV Google Contacts, and you can set up sync your CardDAV Google contacts with your iOS device..
CardDAV Google Contacts
If you are using a third party email service instead of using Apple’s the iCloud, you can find setting up your contacts to sync with your iOS devices a little messy. On the bright side, the steps for syncing an account is very easy. Since you are among those who rely on Google for their emails and other related needs, it is necessary for you to have significant ideas on how you can both set up and sync the CardDAV Google Contacts with ease
How to Set Up and Sync Your CardDAV Google Contacts with iOS
If it is your first time to set up and sync CardDAV Google contacts using your iOS device, simply take advantage of the following steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device
- Scroll down to tap on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” section
- Click on the “Add account” button, which is under the Accounts section
- At the bottom of your home screen, click on the “Other” button
- Click on the “Add CardDAV account” option, which you can find under the “Contacts” section
- Make sure to enter your credentials correctly
- In the Server field, enter google.com
- In the Username section, enter your Google account username
- In the Password field, enter your Google account password
- In the Description section, enter anything you want
- At the top right-hand corner, select the “Next” button
Your CardDAV account will set up right away while your CardDAV Google Contacts will quickly sync with your iOS device depending on the Internet connection’s speed. You might like to use of CardDAV route since it provides an easier way to set up your contacts.
On the other hand, if you find your CardDAV Google Contacts not syncing, simply follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the “Contacts” option
- Choose the “Accounts” option
- Click on your Google account
- Switch the “Contacts” option on
- Switch the “Use SSL” option on
- Tap the “Account” section
- Click on the “Done” button
- Try to add your Google account again
- Take note that you need to make sure that your CardDAV Google Account is connected to your iOS device with the use of SSL. You also need to secure your Internet connection for the faster and more effective syncing process.
With the above information, we hope that you are able to set up your CardDAV Google Contacts, as well as resolve any of your syncing issues. That way, you have the best chance to obtain a better user experience.
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/WX5jK0BT5JQ