WebDAV or also known as Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning is a prevalent HTTP extension which offers a two-way of managing and editing your documents on a remote website domain or server. In this post, you will know how to mount WebDAV Windows drives. Therefore, you are able to access your files remotely and directly in File Explorer. So, let’s get started.
To successfully link to the directory of WebDAV in Windows devices, all you want is the site URL of WebDAV, the login info you use in your WebDAV account as well as a unique name for the connection or shortcut. This allows you to map this protocol by mounting its file as a mapped drive. Thus, you can see, edit as well as remove files from a remoter website server with the use of your laptop or desktop.
14 Steps to Mount WebDAV Windows Devices
- On your laptop or computer, open File Explorer and then right tap This PC
- Tap the “Map network drive …”
- And in the dialog box, put the drive letter you wish to map to as well as the file where you will edit or add WebDAV documents on your computer.
- Once you tap the Browse button beside the folder mention and see the notification below, allow network discovery in Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, check Reconnect and Connect with the use of diverse credential boxes. It is imperative as it allows the restoration of WebDAV connection once you restart your Windows device.
- Tap the link “Connect to a website site which you can utilize to save your images and documents”
- Tap Next
- Tap” Choose a custom network location” button.
- Tap Next
- Put your server URL in Network or Internet address field with the directory of WebDAV at the end.
- Put WebDAV password and username
- Tap the OK button. At this point, “ Type a unique name for this network location” is filled already. On the other hand, you have the option to change it or stay this way.
- Tap Next
- Tap Finish
WebDAV folder will be shown on File Explorer as a mapped drive. At this point, you can edit, add or delete documents or directories via File Explorer.
Hard to Connect to WebDAV Directory with a Mount WebDAV Windows Guide
What if you encounter an issue with connecting to the directory of WebDAV, what will you do? If you encounter difficulty in connecting, the first thing to do is to update your Basic Authentication Level by opening Windows Registry. Try this to mount webdav windows devices on any implementation, including WebDAV IIS Servers .
- Click Start and choose Run
- Type regedit and tap Enter, a Windows Registry Editor will appear
- Go to a directory path
- Look for BasicAuthLevel. By default, the value is set at 2. However, if it is not, click and choose Modify then change it to 2.
Following the steps above will help you to mount WebDAV to Windows devices successfully. Installing this protocol to any Windows devices can help you in quickly sharing, editing as well as deleting your file.