With the release of Owncloud WebDAV Windows 10, you can acquire a plethora of backup destinations that include Windows 10 and other third-party hosting providers. WebDAV is an extension of the HTPP/HTTPS protocols, and you are allowed to do some web content generating operations. As for the backups, you have a better chance of transferring data from your backup assistant into your device or remote server.
If you are planning to access Owncloud WebDAV Windows 10 with ease, there are several steps you need to follow for smooth operation.
How to Access: Owncloud WebDAV Windows 10
- First, you need to open the “Windows File Explorer” section
- Tap on the “This PC” option
- Choose the “Map network drive” section
- Fill in the given fields with the appropriate data
- In the Drive field, simply select the drive letter you like to map your WebDAV server to
- In the Folder field, you can try editing or adding your WebDAV files
- Simply check the “Reconnect at sign-in” and “Connect using different credentials” boxes
- Tap on the link “Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures”
- Choose the “Next” button
- Tap on the “Choose a custom network location” option
- Tap on the “Next” button
- In the Internet or network field, it is essential for you to enter the URL of your domain with the WebDAV directory
- In the Username field, enter the username you use to log into your owncloud web interface
- In the Password field, enter the password you use to log into your owncloud web interface
- Tap on the “OK” button
- Choose the “Next” button
- Tap on the “Finish” button
How to Access OwnCloud WebDAV Windows 10 Files
If you are trying to access your Owncloud WebDAV Windows 10 files, it is ideal for you to ensure that Owncloud server is suitable for your WebDAV project page. In case you are using Windows 10, you can map the client-server to a new drive. That way, you can browse your owncloud files the way you want to store the files in the mapped network drive.
As for offline file storage, it is possible for you to utilize the owncloud desktop webdav client for syncing all your owncloud files to multiple directories.
Here’s how you are going to map drives with your Windows 10 Explorer:
- Go to “Windows Explorer” section
- Right-click on the “Computer” entry
- Choose the “Map network drive” option
- Select your desired local network drive you like to map owncloud
- Specify the address and then, followed by “/remote.php.webdav”
- Click on the “Finish” button
After performing the above steps, the Windows Explorer will them map your network drive. So, expect that the owncloud will be available for you instantly.
Simply follow the instructions above so that you can access the Owncloud WebDAV Windows 10 with ease. Some of the concepts will be applicable to setting up on WebDAV IIS Servers