Once you set up WebDAV on the Synology Network for accessing your files, you can map it as your network drive. In some rare cases, you may reach because of synology webdav not working -related issues.
With Synology DiskStation Manager’s WebDAV service, client programs that support WebDAV, such as Windows Explorer, Mac OS Finder, Linux File Browser, will be able to remotely access a Synology NAS just like accessing a local network drive.
Accessing your Synology over the Internet as your mapped drive is one of the core features. Take note that this kind of method is free and delivers a secure mapping of drive connection with the use of an SSL certificate.
Synology WebDAV Not Working
On the other hand, there are times that you may encounter an issue like Synology WebDAV is not working. So, your job is to seek for effective ways on how you can resolve this kind of issue to continue enjoying the benefits of WebDAV Synology.
9 Steps to Resolve Synology WebDAV Not Working Issues
- So, if you are facing an error like Synology WebDAV not working, you can try the following to resolve the issue:
- First, you need to test WebDAV access through LAN connection. That way, you can figure out whether WebDAV access is working or not working.
- Try to connect on the Internet.
- After that, it will test that the port forwarding and firewall rules are correct.
- If you made some unsuccessful logins, there is a big possibility that the Auto-Block feature of the NAS might have been added the dynamic Internet IP of your device to the block list.
- If you are using the Internet router’s firewall and NAS firewall, it is best for you to configure it so that you can accept the connections.
- There are also times that you can log into the WebDAV locally and remotely with the use of Synology DSfile, which means that the WebDAV port forwarding and router are correct.
- Besides, your username, as well as password are also correct.
- On the other hand, you fail to log into local or remote when using the Cmd+K “Connect to Server”.
To solve this kind of Synology WebDAV not working issue, you can try using the Finder you always precede the connection along with the HTTP:// or HTTPS://.
Here, you need to assume that the WebDAV service you are using on the server is utilizing self-signed certificates.
By default, the OS X is using the afp or smb as the default protocols whenever entering the hostname or IP address of the server which uses the command +k.
Meanwhile, you can also check the mDNS or DNS translating. In the case that the DNS configuration is confused, this means that there might have some fails and some connections work.
If you are operating with the use of external client, while connecting inward through the firewall and working with the non-standard port, then it simply means that you will require for more complex configuration.
Take note that DNS can cause some issues when not correctly configured. Besides, you also encounter some issues in the authentication. So, you can also check the name-to-address or even the address-to-name translation. With the use of dig and -dig commands, you can find and launch the hidden Network Utility for performing the forward and reverse translations.
In every Synology WebDAV not working issue, you can always find a perfect solution. All you need to do is to be familiar with the issue you want to address. If you need further assistance, reach out to us for remote help, or . we will put you in touch with a webDAV server specialist.
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/52jRtc2S_VE