Do you want to have Synology access on the web and share files? Well, this article is for you. QuickConnect allows you to connect internet with Synology NAS in a hassle-free manner.
Get started with your Synology WebDAV QuickConnect setup – you don’t have to worry about complicated network settings or rules. Thus, QuickConnect can help you to connect to more customized address such as Quickconnect.to/example.
Synology WebDAV QuickConnect Setup
If you want to setup QuickConnect, you can follow these steps:
- Choose Control Panel > QuickConnect
- Check the box of Enable QuickConnect
- You can choose login to or register a Synology Account if you don’t have an account in Synology. Type the needed details and choose OK. On the other hand, if you have a Synology account, you can type your account details.
- Make your QuickConnect ID in the tab of QuickConnect ID. Then, choose Apply.
- You can now view the link information on QuickConnect. The links are important for you to access the Synology NAS.
- If ever you don’t find the QuickConnect link, tap Advanced and check if the DSM is enabled.
- You are now free to access Synology NAS with the QuickConnect DSM link.
Setting up WebDAV with your Synology NAS
- The first thing to do to access WebDAV files it to enable your Synology NAS. You can do this through the following steps:
- Log in with an administrators’ group account to DSM.
- Proceed on “Package Center” for the installation of the WebDAV Server package.
- Launch the WebDAV Server after the installation process. Check Enable HTTP box. The default HTTP port is 5005. The port number is customizable based on your setp.
- Choose Apply to save changes.
File Access on Synology WebDAV QuickConnect
If you enabled WebDAV on your Synology NAS, you could now follow the steps below to access your files in Linux, Mac or Windows devices.
Accessing files on Synology with Windows
- Download, then install and open NetDrive.
- Choose Connect next to WebDAV.
- Type the following details:
- Drive: Choose the network drive letter on the drop-down list for mapping the service of WebDAV.
- Type: Select WebDAV on the drop-down list.
- Name: Choose a name for connection.
- Port: 5005
- URL: You can type the hostname or IP address of your Synology NAS.
- User: It is your username in DSM
- Password: The password in your DSM
- Choose Save to save the changes.
- Tap Connect.
You can now view the shared folders in your Synology NAS through Windows Explorer.
Accessing files with Synology WebDAV QuickConnect on Mac
If you are a Mac user, you can connect WebDAV with Synology NAS through this finder.
- Choose Go> Connect to Server on the menu.
- In the Server Address section, type Synology NAS IP address preceded by http:// and followed by “5005”.
- Choose Connect to continue the process.
- Type the DSM username and password in the Name and Password sections. Then, tap Connect.
- You can now access the shared folders on the Synology NAS in finder.
With these steps, you can access the advantages of using Synology WebDAV QuickConnect.