Do you want to setup Synology WebDAV Windows 10 applications? Then, this article will guide you.
Configuration of Synology WebDAV Windows 10 & NAS
- Open the Package Center in Synology NAS WEB UI.
- Proceed to All Packages and install WebDAV Server Package.
- As you finish, go to Installed packages and open the WebDAV Server.
- In the Settings, enable the HTTPS protocol only (HTTPS Port:5006). It is needed to have a secure access with your files in the web using SSL and HTTPS. Then, choose Apply.
Assigning Local Static IP Address on Synology
- Open Control Panel in the Synology NAS WEB UI.
- Choose Network on the left pane and choose active LAN and choose Edit.
- In the IPv4 option:
- Choose Use manual configuration tab.
- Assign a Static IP Address for your Synology NAS device and fill the needed fields based on your Network settings.
- Choose OK.
WebDAV, the HTTP extension allows you to manage and edit your files that are stored in remote servers is now accessible on Synology in Windows 10. Before you access, make sure that WebDAV is enable in your Synology NAS.
Enabling Synology WebDAV Windows 10 Apps
As you enable it in your Synology NAS, you can access your files on WebDAV even on remote servers. Enabling WebDAV takes the following steps:
- Log in using administrators group account to DSM.
- Select the Package Center for installing the WebDAV Server package.
- After the installation, launch the WebDAV Server, then check the Enable HTTP box. The default
- HTTP port is 5005. You can customize the port number based on your needs.
- Choose Apply to save the changes made.
Accessing Files on Synology with WebDAV in Windows 10
If you are a Synology WebDAV Windows 10 user, you can use the WebDAV protocol in accessing files on Synology. You can do this with the use of NetDrive tool. NetDrive is a free drive mapping application. You can access your files by following these steps:
- Download and install and open the NetDrive.
- Choose Connect option next to WebDAV.
- Type the following details:
- Drive: Choose a network drive letter in the drop-down list for mapping WebDAV service.
- Type: Pick WebDAV on the drop-down list.
- Name: Make a name for the connection.
- Port: 5005
- URL: Type the hostname or IP address of your Synology NAS.
- User: Your DSM username.
- Password: Your DSM password.
- Select Save for saving the changes you made.
- Choose Connect.
- You can now view the shared folders in your Synology NAS in the Windows Explorer. It can also be a mapped network drive under the Start> Computer.
Using Synology WebDAV Windows 10 over HTTPS
As you use WebDAV in Windows 10 over HTTPS, you must have a valid SSL certificate that is exported to Synology NAS. Next, this certificate must also be imported to your client device.
- Log in to DSM with account from administrators group.
- Launch the WebDAV Server package and choose Enable HTTPS option.
- Go to Control Panel> Security>Certificate to export a certificate.
Similar solutions can be applied to IIS Servers running WebDAV