If you connect WebDAV to Box, you can encounter some issues. For example, you can’t access the content on the Box with your WebDAV client. With this, you must know the best alternatives to access your content. For your WebDAV Box connection not working errors, you can prefer for alternatives like BoxWebApp or Box Drive.
16 Steps for Fixing WebDAV Box Connection Not Working
As you use the Box web interface, you must have an external password. You can follow these steps.
- Login to the BOX UMBC
- Choose your account name and click the Account Settings in drop-down options.
- You will be redirected on the Authentication tab, and there you must choose Change Password.
- You can now make an external password.
- You can now connect to Windows:
- If you wish to connect to BOX WebDAV with your Windows, perform the following:
- In your Taskbar, open Windows Explorer.
- Then, right-click My Computer and choose Map Network Drive. For the users of Windows 8, the My Computer is changed to This PC.
- A dialogue box will pop up.
- Choose the blue text that shows Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
- Then, you can see a network location wizard. You can tap Next.
- Click Choose a custom network location and choose Next.
- You can enter https://dav.box.com/dav in the Internet or network address.
- If it doesn’t work, then you can enter https://dav.box.com/dav/<specific folder or path>As you login to the Box through WebDAV, you can log in screen type the full UMBC email address that serves as your username as well as your external password.
- Windows will ask you to name the location, so you can enter the location’s name.
- Choose finish.
As you follow the instructions above, you can now have the access on Box WebDAV. Here, you can modify, open, delete or save directly any file to your Box account. It is also an efficient way to upload a huge number of directories or files in your collaboration folders or Box account.
Accessing UR Box Content for WebDAV Box Connection Not Working
You need to access WebDAV in your UR Box locally-stored content on your computer. Linux, Mac, and Windows can utilize WebDAV to connect with UR Box. The following will show you to connect to Box WebDAV with Windows.
Open Windows Explorer, choose Computer, and select Map Network Drive. You can choose Windows if you are using Windows 10 and tap File Explorer, then Computer option and choose Map Network Drive.
Fill the details requested, including drive letter you want for the connection. Enter https://dav.box.com/dav for folder. Enable Reconnect at login and Connect using different credentials, then choose Finish.
You can see Windows security that will ask you for Username and Password. You can type the URL email address and your Box external password. Next, check the Remember my credentials box and choose OK.
With this, you can now view a mapped drive in your File Explorer.