The WebDAV Connector, a full-featured WebDAV client, can offer you with secure push and pull file transfer with WebDAV capable servers. It cannot be denied that WebDAV is an HTTP protocol that can give you with framework to change, create and move documents and files on remote servers. It can give you access to collaboratively manage and edit files on web servers that are used by file sharing applications such as Adobe, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and more.
To use LDAP or single sign-on (SSO) to authenticate users in Content Manager, you must allow Basic authentication. A Windows WebDAV client refuses to use Basic authentication over a non-secure (non-HTTPS) connection. As a result, to use LDAP or SSO, you must use HTTPS.
WebDAV Connector Features
With the use of the WebDAV Connector, you can experience the following features:
- SSL Client Authentication support
- Digital Certification Management and Creation
- File transfer client capacities
- Security features like message integrity checking, strong 3DES, secure secret key exchange
If you want to access Content Manager that is supported by WebDAV protocol, you can utilize the WebDAV Connector. The installation needs to WebDAV Connector configuration.
Configuration of the WebDAV Connector
- Enabling WebDAV for handling paths with & sign
- Enabling WebDAV for handling path with an & sign in the name requires you to update a registry key.
- Configuration of the WebDAV Connector authentication
- You can access the LDAP or SSO for the authentication in Content Manager by using Basic authentication. A Windows WebDAV client refuses the use of Basic authentication on a non-secure connection (non-HTTPS). Therefore, you must use HTTPS to access SSO or LDAP.
Configuration of the Connector For WebDAV for IIS
You can access WebDAV Connector with IIS if you have disabled or uninstalled the Microsoft WebDAV Extension. Take note that the WebDAV extension is disabled by default if you install a new web site.
Configuration of WebDAV Connector for single sign-on or LDAP authentication
There are no required steps for using SSO or LDAP authentication work through WebDAV. If you have IIS authentication settings in the WebDAV, the folder remains as for the web site itself.
Configuration of the maximum size of WebDAV uploads
4MB, an IIS setting is the default value in uploading binary files with WebDAV. If you like to increase the size limit of the binaries that need to be uploaded, you must adjust the web.configfile for WebDAV. As you configure the WebDAV use and features.
Experience the features of WebDAV
WebDAV can extend the HTTP headers for communication with the server. With this, you can perform the following:
- MOVE, move a resource
- COPY, copy a resource
- UNLOCK, eliminate the lock from a resource
- MKCOL, make a collection like a folder
- LOCK put a lock on a resource
- PROPPATCH, remove or change properties
- PROPFIND, retrieve the properties that are stored in XML
- WebDAV Support
WebDAV is supported by different servers such as Microsoft’s Internet Information Systems, Apache, Nginx, SabreDAV, Nextcloud, and ownCloud. The ownCloud and Nextcloud are ideal for client-server software in using and making file hosting services.
If you want to create your own cloud storage, you can utilize services that can offer WebDAV support. Some of the cloud storage services are Google Drive and iCloud.
With WebDAV, you can have a file management system even on remote servers.