Remembering dates are as important as the event itself.
If you do not remember the date, will you be at the event?
That’s the kind of question that Plato would have been proud to address. Let’s talk CalDAV Google Calendar integrations.
CalDAV is a standard protocol meant to sync, share, and manage schedules and calendar information.
Google Calendar is one of the top applications in the world for calendar and event management..
CalDAV Google Calendar integrations are a combination of both protocols which seek to sync up events from various sources.
CalDAV Google Calendar
You might want to ask, how do I sync my calendar via CalDAV? Thankfully,
Google allows a Google Calendar account to synchronize through CalDAV service.
Note: Google Drive WebDAV integrations are covered here
You have looked right, and this is exactly where you want to find out.
Note that this how-to is only limited in Blackberry PlayBook OS and Blackberry 10 OS. To include a Google Calendar account, you should perform the following steps.
8 Steps to CalDAV Google Calendar Syncing
- Assuming you are in the home screen, swipe down on the top bezel and look for Settings.
- Select Accounts then Add New Account. Proceed to Email, Calendar, and Contacts. There you will find Advanced Set-up the select CalDAV.
- A CalDAV Screen will appear. The Description field is optional, but you can choose to fill in for clarity.
- You then enter your full email address in the Username as well as Email Address fields.
- The password that you used for your Google Calendar should be entered in the Password field. You can use the Show Password button to check if what you entered is correct.
- There in the Server Address field, enter https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events where <email address> is the Google email address.
- Sync interval can be changed with the following values: five minutes, fifteen minutes, thirty minutes, one hour, two hours, four hours, twenty-four hours, or manual. Thirty minutes is the default setting.
- Finally, click Save.
Other Calendar Sync Options
There are also other options in synchronizing a CalDAV Google Calendar connection. Synchronizing in Android ultimately differs than that of iOS.
Now that we are in a rather advanced phase of technology, there have been other ways that dance in the world of synchronization, and while there are other latest advances, this shows how far we have gone as tech-savvy beings.
While these technological discoveries come and get replaced, it is also of essence that we look back to where it started. 2003 was the year CalDAV boomed, and now it is a server to various platforms.
Synchronization is the Goal
It remains true to its goal of synchronizing. Moreover, it did not just synchronize dates but also a convergence for people across the globe.
Synchronization has made it possible for events to happen, both essential and quintessential, deals that have transpired even the arguably trivial ones and most especially bonds were formed that possibly went above and beyond.
The technological advances nurtured us as we have in many ways, and many attempts nurtured them as well.
The workings of humans would not be as they are now if they were not utilized. CalDAV is a very testament that things are pragmatic if they serve ease in the banquet of our technological life.
Calendar schedules may be digital now, but the occurrences they make possible are beyond digital.
Photo Cred: Andres Jasso