Do you find it challenging to maintain your contacts and calendar events? Then, it is time for you to use CardDAV iPhone protocols.
Protocols like CardDAV enables you to host your data through your server or domain. That way, your data becomes accessible from different devices simultaneously. When creating or editing a calendar event from iPhone, you can use CardDAV to display the changes on your server immediately.
Since you can synchronize CardDAV with your server, it becomes easier for you to update the event with the new data. Besides, CardDAV is also utilized to share your contact cards. You can use it for making your personal address book.
Furthermore, when you set up a CardDAV protocol, you can find its ability to host data yourself very useful, instead of relying on Google, Outlook, iCloud, and other third-party services whenever you need to store any particular data. If you are planning to add CardDAV accounts on your iPhone, simply follow the guidelines below:
- First, you need to locate the contacts and calendar settings by logging into cPanel
- Click on the “Calendars and Contacts” button which is under the “Email” section
- To add your CardDAV set up simply tap the “Settings” icon
- Select the “Accounts & Passwords” button
- Tap on the “Add Account” icon to continue
- Select the “Other” option
- Below the “Contacts” section, tap on the “Add CardDAV Account” icon to add your CardDAV account
- Fill in the fields for the Server, Username, Password, and Description with correct details
- Select the “Next” button to allow your iPhone verify the credentials
- Tap on the “Save” button to finish the process
Apart from adding your CardDAV account on your iOS device, you can also try setting up CardDAV on your iPhone to sync your Google or Gmail contacts even without the help of exchange ActiveSync. Be aware that Google does not support the Exchange ActiveSync anymore when synchronizing your calendar, contacts, and email being stored on Google IDs or free Gmail with the third-party apps.
CardDAV iPhon Sync
To solve the issue, you can use CardDAV for synchronizing your calendars and contact on your iPhone. All you need to do is to follow the steps below:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iOS device
- Select the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option
- Tap on the “Add Account” section
- Select the “Other” option
- Tap on the “Add CardDAV Account” button from the list
- Fill in the fields with correct details
- In the server section, enter “google.com.”
- In the username section, enter your email address
- In the password section, enter your password
- In the description section, enter the description of your account or simply type “CardDav.”
- Select the “Next” button which you can find at the top right-hand-side of your screen
Whether you want to set up your CardDAV iPhone integration or you wish to sync your contacts or calendars, all you need to do is to follow the above guidelines.