Office 365 WebDAV : What is it All About
Office has always been a vital part of Microsoft products.
It has been the backbone of many industries and with the addition of Office 365, users can now experience the product as a cloud-based product to store important data into their personal account.
In addition to this, when Office 365 has interacted with WebDAV, this opens up another level of Cloud storage sync.
Users can get all the benefits of using WebDAV on their Office 365 account, the privacy, the security, the ease and also the speed.
Office 365 is a line of subscription services offered by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Office product line.
The brand encompasses plans that allow use of the Microsoft Office software suite over the life of the subscription, as well as cloud-based software as a service products for business environments, such as hosted Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, among others.
All Office 365 plans include automatic updates to their respective software at no additional charge, as opposed to conventional licenses for these programs—where new versions require purchase of a new license.
Creating a WebDAV connection to your SharePoint site
Follow the steps below for your Windows 8/10 operating system
- Go to My Computer/This PC.
- Then go to Computer tab and select Map Network Drive.
- At the Map Network Drive wizard, enter your SharePoint website URL
- Then click Finish.
- On the Login Page. Use your SharePoint login credentials.
After all these steps have been completed, the networked WebDAV drive should open in Windows Explorer
Integrating Office 365 WebDAV or Mac OS:
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to work on SharePoint documents through office 365 WebDAV on Mac OS.
However, there is a technique to connect SharePoint site with on Mac OS.
This is done by an application called Microsoft Document Connection.
Note: Office 2008 for Mac must be upgraded to Office 2008 for Mac SP2 (version 12.2.0).
To set up a connection:
- First Open Finder
- Then type Microsoft Office 2008
- After that open Microsoft Document Connection.
- Click Add Location
- After that, Connect to a SharePoint site.
- Enter the necessary Credentials to Connect.
- Click Connect. Then the site will appear in SharePoint at the left-side menu.
- To upload a new file click Add and select the required filet from your disk.
- This will upload the file to your list
- Then to edit a file, first, select it in the list and then click on Edit,
- This will open the file in the editing mode.
- If the file is being edited by someone then you can only open it in the read-only mode where you can see that the file is being edited
- Once your work is over, save the changes locally and click Upload,
- Then you will see the choice bar , where you can either upload a file or the changes made and continue editing.
- If you highlight the file and navigate to File > Properties.
- This is let the application to open the SharePoint site on the properties page in the default browser
- After that, you will have to enter the credentials to view the properties.
Read more about WebDAV Integrations to learn about other types of such WebDAV integrations.