Yes, you’re about to transfer your files from a local to a remote computer, but you realize one thing – you don’t know how to do it exactly. WebDAV is a good start to manage and transfer files. But, your boss says the file transfer should be secure.
How can you make a secure and safe file transfer?
It’s simple. The WinSCP or Windows Secure Copy is the solution. WinSCP is an open-source FTP, SFTP or WebDAV networks you can use on Microsoft Windows. One of its primary functions is to secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer.
WinSCP began in 2000 and continues today. The network can see file synchronization and file manager as functionalities of WinSCP.
WinSCP WebDAV Features
- Windows Integration
- Supports SCP, SFTP, Amazon S3, and FTP protocol
- Semi and automatic directory integration
- Stores session information optionally
- Imports session information successfully
- Allows file upload
- Supports public-key, keyboard-interactive and SSH password
Do you want to know how to upload or manage backup files in your OneDrive cloud storage using WinSCP? Here the following steps you can do:
- Login to OneDrive.
- Once you log in, the customer ID would appear. Copy the customer ID and copy it on the clipboard.
WinSCP WebDAV Login: 9 Steps
Now, you would see the WinSCP’s Login dialog. Once you see the dialog box, be ready to do the following:
- Choose the New site mode.
- You select the WebDAV protocol and the TLS implicit encryption.
- In the Hostname box, you enter your account username and password.
- When the Password box appears, type your password.
- Press the Advanced button to access the Advanced site settings. Then, you go to theEnvironment and then the Directories page.
- Next, you type your OneDrive customer ID in the Remote directory box. Then, you add a slash in the front of the ID.
- Press the OK button to submit the Advanced site settings.
- Click the save button to save the settings.
- Last, click on the login button to log in.
WinSCP WebDAV as Remote Editor
Did you know that WinSCP can also act as a remote editor?
Yes! When a user clicks the text file on the remote manager, it transfers files to a local computer. Then, the integrated editor appears that allows the user to feel satisfaction. Users can choose local editors depending on the file extensions.
Now, the remote version saved automatically when a document is saved.
WinSCP can transfer files bigger than 100KB through temporary file creation. After the successful file transfer, the temporary file is renamed as an original file name. Not bad. WinSCP doesn’t have to transmit parts of files that are sent. Hence, users don’t face any hassles in transferring files in different transactions.
If you achieve excellent file transfer, use WinSCP and WebDAV to expect good results. Users don’t only expect successful transfers but also secure file transfers as well. Network users who aim to have secure and fast file transfer would be satisfied with WinSCP.
Now is the time to embrace the possibilities of secure file transfers by using WinSCP now!
You’re likely looking to move beyond manual client usage for your DAV needs. Our webDAV gateway will soon allow you to connect any of your office’s webDAV enabled devices to a number of the most popular cloud providers. These cloud storage providers include Amazon S3, DropBOX, Box.com, OneDrive, and many more.
Our service lets you connect to our servers, transfer files , and have them automatically forwarded through to your cloud service provider. This means you don’t have to worry about managing a server or keeping up to date with cloud storage APIs. We handle that headache for you.
Photo Credit: DXL