WebDAV can now help you to connect to supported cloud storage provider to download or upload files from your iOS 11 WebDAV enabled app. Thus, the WebDAV is now available in the App store. Do you want to know its amazing features? Then, read further.
Features of iOS 11 WebDAV
With the use of WebDAV iOS 11, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Views different file types, including png, pdf files, doc, jpg, and xls.
- It also allows you to forward downloaded documents with the use of email.
- You are free to download resources and files and store it on your local device.
- You can open documents in other applications in WebDAV navigator and upload it on the WebDAV server.
- Another amazing feature of the iOS 11 WebDAV is that you have access to the downloaded files even if you’re offline.
How iOS 11 WebDAV works?
With iOS 11 WebDAV, you can perform links sharing to folders and files with email. You can view the files without the need of downloading it first. Good news is that it is available in different languages such as German, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese as well as Swedish.
The WebDAV iOS 11 comes with a built-in viewer for DICOM medical photos. It is also supported by Chromecast to stream videos. The pdf reader for storing pdf files has printing and bookmarks support. You don’t have to worry since it comes with iOS 11 support for your needs.
With the help of more innovative technology, iOS 11 WebDAV is accessible for visually impaired users since it comes with a Voiceover feature. Furthermore, it also has playlist support like background playing audio. With iOS 11 WebDAV, you can share files on different devices with Bluetooth. It also supports cameras’ RAW image formats. It comes with enhanced naming of media filenames as you upload different items.
The iOS 11 WebDAV has “Open with” support that allows you to open documents in different apps. It can provide you with file-sharing on iTunes on your iOS device. It has AirPlay support to stream local videos on supported devices.
Using WebDAV server for storing pages documents in your iOS 11 WebDAV
As you access the WebDAV server, documents can now be transferred from the server into your iOS 11. More importantly, you can also edit it on the server. To help you with this, follow these steps.
- Select “Files app” on Home screen and choose “Browse” on the screen’s bottom for the Locations list.
- Choose WebDAV on the Locations list and select Connect to WebDAV Server. Next, enter the server address. Type your username as well as password to Sign in. Opening and editing files on the server is easy once you are logged in and without having to do it all again.
- Perform the following:
Open and edit the file – Choose the file. If the transfer is completed, you can open the file and edit it. Any edit done will be synced back to the server.
Copy file from the server – Click the file on the server. As the transfer is done, the file can be seen in document manager. You can open the file on your device.
Copy document to the server – Using the document manager, choose Select on the top right corner. Then choose “Move” at the screen’s bottom. Choose WebDAV and Copy in the upper right corner.
By following these steps, you can now enjoy the benefits of iOS 11 WebDAV.