It cannot be denied that WebDAV is the commonly used HTTP extension to manage and edit your files in a remote web server. Windows 10 WebDAV integration is stable, and allows one to work with file transfers and versioning with confidence.With this article, you will learn the steps on mapping WebDAV in Windows 10. In return, you can directly access the files on the File Explorers.
Windows 10 WebDAV Requirements
You must have a WebDAV site URL to connect on the WebDAV directory in Windows 10. You also need WebDAV account login information and the name for connection or shortcut. With these 3 requirements, you can map WebDAV through mounting the folder as a mapped drive. With this, you can edit, view, or delete files on the remote web server with your computer.
13 Steps for Windows 10 WebDAV mapping
- The first step is to open your computer’s File Explorers and right-click, “This PC.”
- You can now select the “Map network drive.”
- Next, you will see another dialog box, and you can enter the drive letter you desire to map to as well as the folder wherein you edit or add WebDAV files on your local computer.
- As you click the “Browse” option beside the folder mention, you can encounter this message:
- “Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network and Sharing Center.”
- As you see this message, you must enable the network discovery in the Network and Sharing Center.
- Check the Reconnect in sign-in and Connect with the use of various credentials boxes. Checking the Reconnect I the sign-in box will restore the WebDAV connection if you reboot your computer.
- You can now select the link “Connect to a website that you can use to store your pictures and documents.”
- Then click Next.
- You can now select ‘Choose a custom network location.’
- Click Next.
- You can now enter the domain URL in the Network address or Internet with WebDAV directory at the end.
- Enter your username and password for WebDAV client
- Choose OK. Then, the “Type a name for this network location” is ready, but you can still modify it.
- Then, choose Next and click Finish.
As you complete these steps, the Windows 10 WebDAV folder will be displayed on File Explorer as a mapped drive. With this, you can edit, add as well as delete directories and files using the File Explorer.
Meanwhile, there are some instances that you can’t connect to the directory of WebDAV. Don’t worry because the following ideas will solve this problem.
Things to do if you can’t connect to the directory of Windows 10 WebDAV
You must update with Basic Authentication Level in Windows Registry with the following steps:
- Right-click and choose Run
- Enter Regedit and click Enter for opening the Windows Registry Editor.
- Proceed to directory path: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters.”
- Search “BasicAuthLevel” value. The value is set at 2 by default. If it is not, you can right-click and change it to 2.
You can now map the WebDAV drive in File Explorer and get the access on your remote files in Windows 10.